Why Your Company Needs a Mobile-Friendly Website
In point of fact, more than 55% of all web traffic today comes from mobile devices, and by 2020, more than 90% of people worldwide will have used mobile devices to access the internet. Customers are leaving your business if your website isn’t mobile-friendly.
It is undeniable that if your website is not optimized for mobile devices, you are missing out on a significant portion of traffic. This is because smartphone users are expected to grow even more in the future and mobile devices are expected to become even more affordable. We’ll go over the specific reasons why you need a mobile-friendly website for your business and how it will help you grow in the following paragraphs.
1. On February 26, 2015, Google made a public statement announcing that mobile-friendliness would be a ranking factor in its algorithm. This means that you will be penalized by search engines if your website is not mobile-friendly or optimized for mobile devices, which will result in lower overall traffic to your site. Google announced in June 2016 that it would use a mobile testing tool to determine whether websites are mobile-friendly. This means that your mobile page’s speed score, design elements, and overall performance are more important than ever.
2. The rise of mobile shopping is transforming eCommerce, and mobile sales are increasing annually. Sales of mobile commerce are expected to reach $3.56 trillion in the United States in 2021, a 22.3% increase from 2020. In point of fact, mobile commerce was responsible for 72.9% of all online sales in 2021.
Not only is mobile shopping taking over eCommerce, but it is also having a significant impact on retail sales overall. Mobile commerce is expected to account for 10% of all retail sales in the United States by 2025. You are not only wasting money if your website is not mobile-friendly and optimized for all mobile devices; You won’t compete in any way. Additionally, you will lose customers, possibly for good. Your customers will have a better shopping experience and a simpler time doing so if your website is optimized for mobile devices.
3. Portable Substance IS MORE SHAREABLE
One of the most amazing ways of expanding your site hits and produce more leads totally naturally is by having your site guests share your substance with their loved ones. Dynamic substance is simpler for them to share through text informing and online entertainment, which will drive more traffic to your website. On the other hand, mobile visitors are also unlikely to share content if it is difficult to read on their device, and desktop visitors are unlikely to text a link to others because it requires them to search for the same article on their phone.
4. Makes it easier for customers to get in touch with you One of the biggest advantages of a mobile-friendly website is that potential customers are already on their phones and can call you from your website by clicking on your phone number. This will improve communication between you and your customers and is less time-consuming than searching for your number on a computer and entering it into a phone.
5. Customers are searching for you on mobile devices if you have a physical location. When they are on the go and looking for businesses to visit in person, customers are more likely to visit your website from their mobile devices. In point of fact, 88% of people who use their mobile phones to look for local businesses will either call or visit that business within the next 24 hours. This indicates that optimizing your mobile-friendly website will boost both your in-person sales and online traffic.
6. Your reputation depends on it. Customers are more likely to trust and do business with businesses that have mobile-friendly, fast, well-designed, and easy-to-navigate websites because this shows them that you are a modern brand that cares about the user experience.
In the event that your webpage isn’t upgraded for cell phones, you can ensure that your rivals’ sites are. Not only are 61% of users unlikely to visit a poor mobile website again, but 40% of users will instead look to competitors. Therefore, if your mobile website does not meet expectations, you will not only damage your own reputation but also send customers directly to your rivals.
NOW IS THE TIME TO OPTIMIZE YOUR MOBILE SITE! Smartphones are only going to become an increasingly important part of everyday life, and the digital transformation of society is only just beginning. Optimize your website now for mobile devices to stay ahead of the curve and take advantage of the huge influx of traffic from smartphone users.
STATISTICS As of 2021, there will be 7.10 billion smartphone users and 7.10 billion mobile phone users worldwide. That indicates that a smartphone is owned by 80.69% of the global population.
More than 90% of people worldwide who use the internet do so via mobile devices.
Over 55% of web traffic comes from mobile devices.
Sales of mobile commerce are expected to reach $3.56 trillion in the United States in 2021, a 22.3% increase from 2020.
Mobile commerce will account for 72.9% of all online sales in 2021.
Mobile commerce is expected to account for 10% of all retail sales in the United States by 2025.
88% of people who use their mobile phones to look for local businesses will either call or visit the business within 24 hours.
A bad mobile website won’t get 61% of users back, and 40% of users will look to competitors instead. On the off chance that you don’t have a dynamic site, your gamble losing clients and income.